He is a qualified medical practitioner since 1995 and has over 18 years of experience in general psychiatry, addiction psychiatry, psychotherapy, teaching and motivational work.
After qualifying from J.J.M Medical College (Davangere, India), he moved to the United Kingdom. He obtained Membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych, London), Masters of Medical Sciences in Clinical Psychiatry (MMedSc, University of Nottingham), and Certificate of Completion of Higher Specialist Training (CCST) in General Adult Psychiatry, with specialist endorsement in Substance Misuse (addiction) Psychiatry.
He has extensive training & experience in service development and delivery, having worked in substance abuse and psychiatry departments at the National Health Service (NHS, England) as well as private sector psychiatry at The Priory Clinic Nottingham. Additionally, he has worked with several law firms and private insurance companies and delivered private consultation and medico-legal reports.
In recognition of the high quality of his work he received Clinical Excellence Award (CEA) from the National Health Service (England)
Practice Philosophy and Interest: He practices holistic psychiatry with integrated psychotherapies combining Cognitive Behavioural, Motivational and Mindfulness based therapies. Where necessary he compliments clinical care with evidence-based medicinal interventions. He has extensive experience and successes in treating individuals with a wide array of emotional and psychological difficulties, both in England and India. Also, he has a particular interest in addiction psychiatry with a volume of expertise in treating addictive disorders.
His holistic approach enhances therapeutic alliance with individuals and their families. He has a deep commitment to psychological well-being, and empowering individuals achieve positive mental health and productive life.
His areas of interest and expertise include mood & anxiety disorder, stress & trauma-related disorders, short & long-term psychosis including schizophrenia, addictions (chemical and behavioral addiction Including alcohol, opioid, stimulant, nicotine dependency, gambling, Internet addiction. etc), perinatal psychiatry, psychosomatic illness, psychological counseling, sexual disorders, rehabilitation, psychotherapy and medico-legal/occupational health reports.
Current Clinical Practice: Since his return to India in June 2011 he has been a full-time practitioner and developmental lead for integrated psychiatric and liaison services at Apollo Hospitals Bangalore (Jayanagar and Bannerghatta Road branch) India. Additionally, he has been a part-time lead at private psychiatric outpatient service and their residential psychosocial rehabilitation and addiction services.
He is regarded as a “global psychiatrist” due to his ongoing commitment for clinical and professional development, by working in England for 2 – 3 months each year. He maintains current full-time registration and clinical portfolio with General Medical Council (GMC, London) and the Royal College of Psychiatrists (London), and is involved in annual clinical appraisal as well as five yearly GMC Revalidation.
Academic and Educational work: He is a currently a Professor of Psychiatry at The International Medical School, Management and Science University (Malaysian Medical Council), teaching psychiatry curriculum for 3rd to 5th-year medical students on clinical placement at Bhagwan Mahaveer Jain Hospital (BMJH), Bangalore, India. He has developed effective teaching program and examination modules including OSCE.
Dr Jain has wide-ranging expertise in teaching, training, motivation and awareness work. He has taught and supervised junior and senior medical and non-medical personnel on a formal and informal basis. He engaged General Physician, General Practitioner as well as Occupation Health Physicians both in India and the United Kingdom, through invited seminars and speaking events on communication skills, stress management, work-life balance, depression, anxiety disorders, common mental health problems, addictive disorders, cannabis psychosis and alcoholism, etc.
He has a keen interest in public education consequently led several corporate interactive seminars on mental health awareness, delivered talk shows on radio and television, published monthly Q&A on emotional wellness in the MINDLINE section as well as articles in the B Positive Magazine (India). Besides he frequently opines and provides psychiatric expertise for press and other national publication in India.
- General Medical Council Registration No: 5186410
- Royal College of Psychiatrists Membership No: 801797
- Medical Council of India Registration No: 3691
- Karnataka Medical Council No: 43514
- Specialist Register (UK): General Adult Psychiatry & Endorsement in Substance Misuse Psychiatry
- Section 12(2) Mental Health Act (UK): Approval granted March 2002
- (May 2006) Masters of Medical Sciences (MMedSc, Clinical Psychiatry), University of Nottingham, UK
- (May 2005) Certificate of Completion of Higher Specialist Training (CCST), General Adult Psychiatry, Sub-specialty Substance Misuse Psychiatry, Mid-Trent Deanery, England
- (October 2001) Member of Royal College of Psychiatrist (MRCPsych), England
- (January 1998) Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board (P.L.A.B), England
- (February 1995) M.B.B.S, JJM Medical College, Davangere, India
- July 2011 – Ongoing: Senior Consultant Psychiatrist and De-addiction Specialist, Apollo Hospitals Bangalore (Jayanagar and Bannerghatta Road Branch) India
- Sept 2011 – Ongoing: Professor of Psychiatry, International Medical School, Management and Science University, Bangalore Campus @ Bhagwan Mahaveer Jain Hospital, India
- April 2017 – Sept 2017: Part-time Medical Director, Suasth One Step (De-addiction & Wellness Clinic, Mumbai)
- Jan 2012 – Ongoing: Consultant Psychiatrist (Intermittent Locums), General Adult Psychiatry (NHS Hospitals, England)
- Sept 2011 – July 2014 – Consultant Psychiatrist and De-addiction Specialist, Cadabam’s MindTalk Clinic and Cadabam’s Psychosocial Rehabilitation Centre, Bangalore India
- Jan 2006 – June 2011: Consultant General Adult Psychiatry (County Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment and Redwood 1 Ward), Nottingham University Hospital and Highbury Hospital, National Health Service (NHS), Nottingham, England
- Oct 2006 – June 2011: Consultant Psychiatrist (private clinical practice – evenings & weekend), The Priory Clinic Nottingham, England
- Mar 2005 – Dec 2005: Consultant General Adult Psychiatry, Derby City General Hospital, Derby, England
- Sept 2004 – April 2005: Specialist Registrar, General Adult Psychiatry, Derby City General Hospital, Derby, England (Consultant: Dr RSH Denny)
- Sept 2003 – Sept 2004: Specialist Registrar, Addictions Psychiatry, Nottingham Drug and Alcohol Services, Nottingham, England (Consultant: Dr P McLean, Dr N Wright)
- Sept 2002 – Sept 2003: Specialist Registrar, General Adult Psychiatry, Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham, England (Consultant: Dr. J S Brewin)
- May 2002 – Sept 2002: Specialist Registrar, General Adult Psychiatry, Millbrook Unit, Mansfield, England (Consultant: Dr P Meats)
- Apr 2002 – May 2002: Locum Staff Grade, Old Age Psychiatry, Derby Royal Infirmary, England (Consultant: Dr J Hartman)
- Feb 2002 – Mar 2002: Staff Grade, General Adult Psychiatry, Derby City General Hospital, Derby, England (Consultant: Dr M Hudson)
- Aug 2001 – Feb 2002: Senior House Officer, Child Psychiatry, ‘The Mill’, Derby England (Consultant: Dr M Elsherbini)
- Feb 2001 – Aug 2001: Senior House Officer, Old Age Psychiatry, Derby Royal Infirmary, England (Consultant: Dr E Komocki)
- Aug 2000 – Feb 2001: Senior House Officer, Perinatal Psychiatry (Mother and Baby Unit), Derby City General Hospital, England (Consultant: Dr N Sisodia)
- Aug 1999 – Aug 2000: Senior House Officer, General Adult Psychiatry, St. Tydfil’s Hospital, South Wales (Consultant: Dr P C Chaudhary, Dr C M Winston), United Kingdom
- Feb 1999 – Aug 1999: Senior House Officer in Accident and Emergency, Luton & Dunstable Hospital, Luton, England (Consultant: Mr M Kotecha)
- Mar 1998 – Jun 1998: Senior House Officer in Accident and Emergency, City Hospital, Birmingham, England (Consultant: Mr Subhedar)
- July 1998 – Jan 1999: Locum Senior House Officer posts (via professional locum agencies) in A&E, Medicine and Surgery across various hospitals in England,besides an 8 weeks Clinical Attachment in Psychiatry at Prospect Park Hospital (Berkshire Healthcare Foundation Trust), Reading, England, United Kingdom.
- Aug 1996 – Nov 1996: Surgical Resident, Mallya Hospital, Bangalore, India (Consultant: Mr Ramesh Tripathi)
- Jul 1995 – Mar 1996: Rotating Pre-Registration House Officer, KIMS Hospital, Bangalore
- Mar 1995 – Jun 1995: Pre-Registration House Officer, Community Medicine, JJM Medical College, Davangere, India
Areas of Expertise
- Stress management
- Bipolar disorder
- Anxiety disorder
- Schizophrenia and other psychotic Disorders
- Post-traumatic Stress disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive disorder
- Psychosomatic illness
- Sexual Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Body Dysmorphic disorder (BDD)
- Alcohol and Drugs Misuse / Dependency
- Behavioural addiction (such as Internet, online gambling, online gaming, compulsive surfing, etc)
- Smoking Cessation
- Perinatal and Postnatal Mental Health
- Personality Disorder
- Eating disorder
- Child protection issues
- Medico-legal / Psychiatric / Occupational Health Reports
- Corporate motivational work
- Conflict Management
- Relationship counselling
- Couple and Family Therapy
- Specialised Psychotherapy
Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy (CBT): He has extensive experience in assessment and treatment of disorders such as Depression, Generalised Anxiety, Phobia, Panic Disorder, OCD and other stress related disorder including PTSD. He has conducted several CBT sessions both under supervision (during training) and individually in his clinical practice. He attended certified Introductory Course in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in Nottingham (May 2003).
Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT): He effectively incorporated and applied principles of mindfulness therapies on individuals with recurrent depression, self-harm, and addiction. He follows therapies taught by Jon Kabat- Zinn and Mark Williams who pioneered MBSR and MBCT
Motivational Intervention: Having keen interest and expertise in Substance Misuse Psychiatry he worked with a wide array of individuals with chemical and behavioural addiction. He has While applied Motivation Interviewing and Motivational Enhancement Therapy and clinically engaged patients, leading to desired changes in their behaviour. He attended four days Certified Motivational Interviewing course (May 2011) at Leeds Addiction Unit, England.
Cue Exposure Therapy: He received training in Cue exposure therapy during his work with Substance Misuse Service (previously known as Nottingham Alcohol and Drug Team – NADT, NHS, UK). He led several brief sessions’ for complex needs dual diagnosis patients, especially with cocaine abuse.
Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT): He attended a 4-day residential course at Brandon Mental Health Unit, Leicester (Sept 2002). This course has allowed better understanding and subsequent incorporation of the IPT principles in his focused clinical care.
Psychodynamic Therapy: He attended an introductory module in Psychodynamic therapy (Sept 2001-Feb 2002) and understood the importance of psychodynamics in clinical practice. He uses psychodynamic understanding for narrowing in on individual issues, as well as interpersonal and team dynamics.
Family therapy: Whilst working in child psychiatry he conducted supervised family therapy sessions based on the principles of systemic and psychodynamic family therapy.
- Extensive experience in preparation of Psychiatric reports in Civil (defendant and claimant) and Criminal cases (for Crown and Magistrates Court in the UK)
- Experience in cases involving Criminal Injuries Compensation Board, Employment tribunals and the Disability Discrimination Act.
- Experience of preparing reports in cases involving childcare proceedings.
- Extensive experience of attending Court as an expert witness.
- Medical expert for Fitness to Practice committee of Nursing Medical Council and General Optical Council.
- He has worked with various organisations such OFSTEAD and ATOS Healthcare and produced occupational health reports.
- Worked with several Law firms in and around Nottingham and other parts of England.
- He is now preparing psychiatric reports for The High Court and corporate sector in India.
- Overall he has over 14 years of experience in producing quality medico-legal reports.
M Med Sc Project:
International Congress on Schizophrenia Research (ICSR): Sept 2004. Title: Event–Related Oscillatory Responses to Auditory Oddballs Are Disturbed in Delta and Theta Bandwidths in Schizophrenia. This was well received.
Cross-Sectional Survey, Topic: Body Dysmorphic Disorder – Gender Differences and Prevalence in International Medical School IMS-MSU Students. Under his direct supervision, medical students successfully completed this study in October 2012.
This was a re-audit at Accident and Emergency Department, City Hospital, Birmingham. His recommendations were incorporated into standard assessment and management practise.
This was an audit of existing practice against local guidelines at Luton and Dunstable Hospital. He made a specific recommendation to improve practice.
Prescribing practise on the psychiatric ward at QMC was audited. The data was disseminated across via Induction programme.
He supervised this audit and re-audit done by clinical observers. The audit observed that the admission process was neither thorough nor complete especially regarding the physical review of the patients. Both audits were presented at the postgraduate meeting, Derby City General Hospital.
He supervised this audit with the aim of evaluating existing physical health monitoring an in acute setting against modified ward health monitoring policy. Re-audit is planned.
This supervised audit was aimed at evaluation of quality of documentation of informed consent for psychotropic medication. The results were analysed and disseminated.
This supervised audit was done on Aston Ward, Leicestershire Partnership NHS trust (UK), with aim of evaluating physical health assessment on admission to the ward. Data collection and analyses was completed in Mar 2016.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMEMT
- Basic Life Support Course, Osmosis Centre, London (25 June 2016)
- Psychotherapy in Routine Clinical Practice in India, Training Workshop, Professor Salman Akhtar, Bangalore, India (19 & 20 Mar 2016)
- 2nd Bangalore Neuro-update (2 days), Bangalore, India (28 & 29 Nov 2015)
- 5th International Patient Safety Congress 2015, The Lalit Ashok Hotel, Bangalore, India (16 & 17 Oct 2015)
- Section 12 (2) Approved Clinician Refresher Course, Wetherby, York (18 Sept 2015)
- ePrescribing Course, Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust (1 Sept 2015)
- RiO Training for Electronic Care Record System, Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust (19 August 2015)
- Basic Life Support Course, Osmosis Centre, London (21 Feb 2015)
- Mandatory Training – Manual Handling (21 Feb 2015)
- ANCIPS 2015 – 67th Annual National Conference of Indian Psychiatric Society, Hyderabad, India (8-11 Jan 2015)
- Legal Issues in Mental Health, Seminar at NIMHANS by IPS. Speaker: Dr Tom Palmstierna and Dr Peter Lepping (25 Mar 2014)
- Basic Life Support Course, Osmosis Centre, London (3 Mar 2014)
- ANCIPS 2014 – 66th Annual National Conference of Indian Psychiatric Society, Pune, India (16 – 19 Jan 2014)
- South Zone Indian Psychiatric Society Conference, Kerala, India (18-20 Oct 2013)
- ANCIPS 2013 – 65th Annual National Conference of Indian Psychiatric Society, NIMHANS, Bangalore, India (10 – 13 Jan 2013)
- Regularly attend and contribute to CME (Continuing Medical Education program) Apollo Hospitals Bangalore (July 2011 to ongoing)
- Section 12 (2) Approved Clinician Refresher Course, North Somerset (June 2011)
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguarding (DOLS) update training (April 2011)
- Bipolar International Forum at the Centre of Excellence, University Hospital Carl Gustav Callus, Dresden, Germany (20 – 21 Oct 2010)
- Pathfinder Revalidation tool pilot training (12 Oct 2010)
- Appraisal Training for Appraiser and Appraise, Cromford Mill, Matlock, Derbyshire (30 June 2010)
- Local Negotiating Committee Representation Skills Conference, Organised by BMA (14 May 2010)
- Consultant Leadership Development Programme (Feb 2010 to July 2010), Six days bespoke Leadership Programme, Nottingham, England.
- General Adult and Community Faculty Annual General Meeting held In Cardiff on (15 & 16 Oct 2009)
- Invest To Lead 2 (Oct 2009 to Mar 2010), a five separate days bespoke Leadership Training Programme, Nottingham, England
- Clinical Supervisor Training (16 Sept 2009)
- Multidisciplinary Approach to Recovery, one-day BABCP event, (22 June 2009)
- New Ways Of Working (NWW), One day conference, National College of School Leadership, Jubilee Campus, University Of Nottingham (14 May 2009)
- Inquest Training Event by HM Coroner, Nigel Chapman (2 April 2009)
- 15th European Congress of Psychiatry, Association of European Psychiatrists (17 – 21 March 2007)
- Section 12(2) refresher course, Doncaster (Jan 2007)
- Leadership Skills Workshop (Nov 2006), Nottingham, England
- Chairmanship and Facilitation Skills Workshop (Sept 2006), Nottingham, England
- Mental Health and Multi-Faith Symposia, Stafford University, United Kingdom (Nov 2006)
- Medico-legal report writing course – Core Skills, Professional Solutions, United Kingdom (May 2006)
- Appraisal Training (Half day), led by P Miller, Nottingham (May 2006)
- European CNIP Conference, (April 2006), a three-day conference, Belfast, Ireland, United Kingdom
- Job Plan event, Nottingham (Mar 2006)
- Supportive Psychotherapy in Psychiatric Practices (Jan 2006), Nottingham, England
- Attended 3rd International Jain Doctors Federation Conference (Dec 2005), New Delhi, India
- Management Programme for Specialist Registrar (April 2005), Sheffield, a 4-day course, Sheffield Hallum University, England
- Equal Opportunities Course for SpR, University of Leicester (Feb 2005)
- Taking the Next Step (2004), a 2-day workshop on professional development
- Advanced life Support, Luton and Dunstable Hospital (April 99) and Adult Basic Life Support Course (Oct 2004)
- Medical Ethics and Law, Generic Curriculum (Oct 2004)
- Crack Training Programme, New Castle House, NADT (Mar 2004)
- Event Related Potential Seminars, Division of Psychiatry, University of Nottingham, Queen’s Medical Centre, 2004. Speaker: Alan Bates, Researcher
- Event Related Potential Data Acquisition, ERP Lab, Queen’s Medical Centre, 2004. Trainer: Alan Bates, Tina Patel
- Trainees in Psychiatry (TiPs) Course (Oct 2003, Brussels), a three-day residential course on topics such as obtaining and developing consultant role, etc.
- Schedules for Clinical Assessment in Neuropsychiatry (SCAN), a 5-Day course, 2003). Course Organiser: Dr J S Brewin / Dr Ian Medley
- Signs and Symptoms of Psychotic Illness Scale (SSPI) trained, 2003. Trainer: Professor Peter F. Liddle
- Brain Vision Analyser Workshop, London (2 Days); organised by Med-Tech Systems, Germany; Nov 2003. Speaker- Dr Ingmar Gutberlet
- Section 12(2) approval Course, Doncaster (March 2002)
SPEAKING EVENTS & PEOPLE ENGAGEMENT
- Invited Seminar on Emotional Hygiene, B.M Ruhia Girls College, Mumbai, 07 Sept 2017
- Invited Seminar on Harmonisation, For SREI Finance Department, Mumbai, 21 July 2017
- Educational Seminar on Substance abuse, for nursing staff at Holy Family Hospital, Bandra, Mumbai, 25 May 2017
- Invited seminar and webinar at Honeywell India Ltd, Topic: Depression, Let’s Talk, part of WHO’s World Health Days campaign (1.5 hours), Bangalore, India, 17 April 2017
- Invited seminar at Karnataka State Reserve Police, 4th Battalion, Topic: Depression, Let’s Talk, part of WHO’s World Health Days campaign (1.5 hours), Bangalore, India, 11 April 2017
- Invited Corporate Seminar (1.5 Hours) Topic: Life Management and Harmonization, Sonata IT company, Bangalore, India, 16 Feb 2017
- Live Radio Interview (1 Hour), Topic: Stress Management. Aired on A.I.R (All India Radio, 101.3 MHZ) FM Rainbow’s “The Health Hour” program reaching over a billion people, 5 April 2016
- Stress Management and Harmonization Workshop, (2 hours), Training Program for Indian Economic Services (IES), Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIM-B), India, 24 Sept 2015
- Stress Management and Harmonization Workshop, (half day), Training Program for Income Tax Commissioners of India (IRS), Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIM-B), India, 19 June 2015 & 10 July 2015
- Live Radio Interview (1 Hour), Topic: Addiction (Behavioural & Chemical Addiction) Aired on A.I.R (All India Radio, 101.3 MHZ)) “The Health Hour” program reaching over a billion people, 5 May 2015
- Communication Skills Seminar, Young Doctors Training Programme, D Y Patil Medical College, Navi Mumbai, India, 14 Oct 2014
- Communication Skills Seminar, Young Doctors Training Programme, Dr BR Abedkar Medical College, Bangalore, India, 26 Sept 2014
- Stress Management and Harmonization Workshop (half day), Advanced Management Programme for Indian Revenue Service, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIM-B), India, 28 August 2014
- Communication Skills Seminar, Young Doctors Training Programme, St Martha’s Hospital, Bangalore, India, 30 July 2014
- Communication Skills Seminar, Young Doctors Training Programme, Kempegowda Institute Of Medical Sciences (KIMS), Bangalore, India, 29 July 2014
- Drug and Alcohol Awareness Programme, on WHO’s International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking, Cadabam’s Group of Psychosocial Rehabilitation Centres, Bangalore, India, 26 June 2014
- Stress Management and Harmonization Workshop (half day), Global Leadership Programme for IRS, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIM-B), India, 25 June 2014
- Stress Management and Harmonization Workshop (half day), Advanced Management Programme for Principal Commissioners of Income Tax, Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIM-B), India, 9 June 2014
- Assertiveness, Invited seminar/keynote speaker for CII IWN’s (Confederation of Indian, The Indian Women Network) Holistic Leadership Programme, 12 Dec 2013
- Suicide in Teen years, one-hour live debate, and Q&A on Janashree TV, Bangalore India, 25 Nov 2013
- Identifying Common Mental Health Ailments, First Aid Training Programme for IBM, Sarovar Portico Hotel, Atria Hotel, Bangalore, India, 3 Oct 2013
- Identifying Common Mental Health Ailments, First Aid Training Programme for IBM, Sarovar Portico Hotel, Bangalore, India, 29 Sept 2013
- Stress Management and Harmonisation Workshop (half day), Indian Revenue Service, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIM-B), India, 13 Sept 2013
- Understanding Depression, Gandhi Nagar Jain Temple Seminar, Bangalore, India, 11 August 2013
- Virtual Seminar on Stress Management, Accenture (IT Company) Bangalore, India, 3 July 2013
- Stress Management and Harmonization Workshop (half day), Advanced Management Programme for Indian Revenue Service, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIM-B), India, 28 August 2013
- Webinar with a young man who gave up smoking on World No Tobacco Day (WHO). A campaign on smoking cessation by Billion Hearts Beating ( a not-for-profit organization working mainly for promotion, awareness, and prevention of heart disease), streamed live on YouTube on 31 May 2013.
- Stress Management Workshop, (half day), Training Program for Income Tax Commissioners of India, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIM-B), India, 22 May 2013 and 13 June 2013
- Educational Seminar on Stress and Health Management (for 2 hours) at Fiserv (IT Solution Company), Bangalore, India, 26 April 2013
- Educational Seminar on ‘Dependency Management’ (3 hours) at Fiserv (IT Solution Company), Bangalore, India, 22 January 2013
- Stress Management Workshop, (half day), Training Program for Income Tax Commissioners of India, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIM-B), India, 28 August 2012
- Stress Management Seminar (2 hours) for Executive MBA students, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIM-B), India, 18 August 2012
- Stress Management Workshop (half day) for the Chief Commissioners of Income Tax (India), Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIM-B), India, 25 July 2012
- Educational Program and live discussion on ‘Addiction and Addictive Behaviour, Kasturi TV (regional channel), Bangalore, India, 21 July 2012
- Communication Skills Seminar, Nurse training program. Apollo Hospital Bangalore, India, 7 July 2012
- Stress Management Workshop, (half day), Training Program for Income Tax Commissioners of India, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIM-B), India, 27 June 2012
- Educational Seminar on ‘Demystifying Depression,’ M S Ramaiah City Annual Program, Bangalore, India, 24 June 2012
- Educational Seminar on ‘Depression – Understanding and Management’, First American (India), International Tech Park Limited (ITPL), Whitefield Bangalore, India, 24 April 2012
- Led Panel Discussion, on Hookah (Water pipe) addiction, Titled: Dangerous Hookah, Janashree TV (regional television channel), Bangalore, India, 2 April 2012
- Educational Seminar / CME on ‘Addiction: De-addiction’, at Apollo Hospitals, 30 March 2012
- Educational Seminar on ‘Introduction to Psychiatry and New Age Psychiatrist,’ First American (India), International Tech Park Limited (ITPL), Whitefield Bangalore, 27th March 2012
- Led Live Q&A and Educational program on Examination Stress, Titled: Easy Exams, Janashree TV, (regional television channel), Bangalore, India, 8 March 2012
- Educational seminar on Health program, Sankara TV (local tv channel), Bangalore, India, Topic: Addiction – Concept. Types. Treatment, 7th October 2011
- Write monthly Article and Mindline (Q&A on Mental and Emotional Wellness) for B Positive Magazine, India, since April 2012.
- Regularly offers public education on mental health issues with articles/ material through print and electronic media (Television and Radio) in India.
- Public education interviews with Radio Heart FM (Nottingham UK) on topic: ‘Seasonal Affective Disorder’ and ‘Stress-Related Disorder,’ 2008
- Public interest article in Evening Post, Nottingham, on subjects such as Stress, Anxiety and Depression – the price we pay for credit crunch; and Internet addiction, 2008.
- Co-chaired Question panel with Professor Andrew Sims – discussing and understanding interface of religion, spirituality and mental health (Mind and Spirit 2007, South Essex Partnership NHS Trust).
- Article on “Jainism and Mental health,” presented at Nurturing Heart and Spirit: A National Multi-Faith Symposium, Staffordshire University, November 2006.
- Conducted several invited talks and interactive seminars on various mental health and addiction topics for the General Practitioner, GP Postgraduate Program, Occupational Health Physician and Nurses in the United Kingdom.